Monday, September 8, 2008

The "Dirty" Store

I (B) spent part of Sunday doing one of my least favorite chores - grocery shopping. To fully understand the experience of the International Store, which is a love-hate relationship for me, you really need all five of your senses:



  • Smell: To enjoy the lovely odor of fish

  • Taste: To taste that lovely odor of fish

  • Touch: To get your game-face on and gently "body-check" those who run you over

  • Hear: To listen to "American Boy" play in the background.....in another language

  • See: To watch out for the other carts that are about to run you down

I just wanted to take a minute to share a [cell] picture and a story from yesterday for those who haven't experienced the "Dirty" Store:


I was patiently waiting to get around a group of people (patients run very short there) when I looked over at a little Spanish boy in a cart. He picked up a lemon and began licking it like it was a delish lolipop. GROSS! It's hard to know the magnitude of grossness unless you've experienced a trip to the "Dirty" store. Here's a picture (unfortunately, not of the boy and lemon):

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG....I get to see the fishy store. I love you stories about this place.